Friday, September 11, 2009

~*Find of the day!*~

YAY! I found the prettiest wooden table/bench that was being loaded into a demolition container (AKA dumpster). I asked the guy, who was neatly loading the bin, for it and he smiled. I carried it home, in the rain for 5 blocks and now my arms feel like noodles!
I just finished disinfecting it and am admiring the work that someone put into it. Worth every bit of muscle soreness I will probably get tomorrow!
I look forward to maybe stripping it or painting it, we'll see.

The nice thing is, just yesterday I imagined a table/bench similar to this one right where it is currently stationed in my home. This one is prettier!
:o)
Cool!

4 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Awesome! I love to hear neat things like this. It was waiting for you. How cool is that. Yeah Dawn!!!!
Hugs,Pat

LindaGJ said...

Awesome! I know I will be anxious to see it! Even though I am taking a break from blogging right now, I am about to blog now. I just want to catch up with the latest on the ones I usually follow! What a coincidence, but I do believe there are reasons for everything, not just a coincidence!
Linda :)

Unknown said...

Ha! isn't it great when something like that happens; bit like Field of Dreams "if you build it they will come" well you thought it and it came. :-)

lindacreates said...

How wonderful Amber! Be sure and post a photo. How do you suggest we find others less fortunate to share with? I have been wanting to do this for a long time. Linda