Thursday, July 14, 2011

~*Double Rainbow*~ in NYC yesterday.

There has been an increase in full rainbows that can be seen from our home this year. I had some time to grab my camera and shoot the one I saw yesterday.





The colors were far more intense and vibrant in person! At one point, while the 2nd rainbow was forming, it looked like the first rainbow was getting even more layers/stripes of purple and some other non visible color. (indigo?) It was very 3D, unlike the photos which are so dull and flat looking.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh how lucky, to see not one but two rainbows! It's been a while since I saw a rainbow last. I was actually looking for one yesterday after it rained....

Marfi-topia said...

great photos!!!!
such intense colors.

Debbie Littlejohn said...

Hey, we had rainbows here too; wonder if they were the same ones!! I'm in Orange County NY.